Monroe's Official Non Profit Travel Basketball Program
THE MONROE ELITE
In Partnership w/ Legacy & Common Bond Basketball
The Monroe Elite Program is an extension of the Common Bond Basketball family. Based out of Ann Arbor, the non-profit organization has been serving South East Michigan for over 20 years. Program director and founder, Tyrone Hicks provides years of experience as a high school varsity coach, tournament and AAU director, and former collegiate athlete. Our goal is to work diligently to provide an extensive basketball development and personal growth programs across Michigan.
Our Monroe Elite AAU program offers high-level, quality training through team practices and individual skills and training. Our coaches are dedicated to improving youth development, game awareness, fundamentals, team sportsmanship.
We offer 2 full seasons. One in the Spring and another in the Winter. Each season will have either 5 or 8 weekends of tournaments & scrimmages. Our younger aged teams may have shorten seasons or possibly split season with two 4 week intervals.
Tryouts for each season are typically held a month prior to its first tournament. Spring tryouts are held in March with the winter season tryouts being held in October or November.
Typically our games/tournaments are not held during holiday weekends, but national and local tournaments do continue to run.
High School and upperclassman players typically have the month of June off for school/summer league activities. (pending on each school)
- 12U Girls: 5 Weekend Tournament Schedule – Weekends of May 28th, June 5th, June 11th, June26th
- 14U Girls: 8 Weekend Tournament Schedule – Weekends/Days of May 7th, May 15th, May 22nd, May 28th, June 5th, July 17th, July 21st, July 24th
- 12U Boys: 5 Weekend Tournament Schedule – Weekends of May 28th, June 5th, June 19th, June26th, July 11th
- 14U Boys: 5 Weekend Tournament Schedule – Weekends of May 28th, June 5th, July 11th, July 19th, July 26th
The general cost for our AAU Travel Teams typically ranges from $400-$800 depending on the age group and length of the season.
- All gym/practice time usage
- All tournaments fees & scrimmages
- Team Photos / Individual Photos
Teams & Coaches
SPRING/SUMMER 2021 TEAMS & COACHES
All Coaches are USA Youth Basketball Certified
Boys: 12u (current 5th/86th grade) – Coach: McIntosh
Girls: 12u (current 5th/86th grade) – Coach Mason
Girls: 14u (current 7th/8th grade) – Coach Mason
Boys 14u (current 7th/8th grade) – Coach Woods
Boys 17u (High School Boys) – Coach Kegley
90 minute or 2 hours practices are held 2-3 times a week before and during each season, with some additional practices on the weekends prior to the season start date. Practices begin 1-2 montha prior to each teams 1st tournament.
- All players expected to attend practices.
- 12U Girls: Monday & Wednesday 6 pm
- 12U Boys: Tuesday & Thursday 7:30 pm
- 14U Girls: Tuesday & Thursday 6 pm
- 14U Boys: Monday & Wednesday 7: 30 pm
- 17U Boys: TBD
Winter Tryouts will take place in October 2021. Student athletes should attend if they wish to make the team for coaches to evaluate their talents amongst the other participants. If the participant is not able to make his or her scheduled tryout date, please contact the correct coach or reach us at Contact@MonroeCountyBasketball.com
What Is Your Legacy?
Join Our Coaching Staff
If you or someone you know would like to join our coaching staff please let us know.
Don't See Your Age Group?
We will offer more teams in the winter season!
Add A Team To Our Roster!
Add your current team or build a new team by joining the Monroe Elite!